Jamie Anderson racked up another win at the first ever women’s slopestyle competition at the Oakley Arctic Challenge in Norway. Her run included a noseslide, a 50-50 bs 180 mute, a huge ss bs 540, bs 360, a tailslide 270 out and a bs 540 indy on the last jump. Besides the $15,000 first prize, Anderson also earned herself a spot at the 2012 World Championships in Oslo.
After receiving her trophy, Jamie Anderson remarked, “I was never crowned the prom queen, but finally I got my crown.”
A strong showing by the other women in the field included 720s and an attempted backside 900. Canadian Spencer O’Brien placed second, and Jenny Jones added another top 3 finish to her season.
1. Jamie Anderson USA 87,4 points $15,.000
2. Spencer O’Brien CAN 85,1 points $7500
3. Jenny Jones GBR 75.7 points $5000
4. Cheryl Maas NED 75.2 points
5. Thea Stenshagen NOR 68.7 points
6. Kjersti Østgaard Buaas NOR 65.2 points