Jamie Anderson might not have Kelly Clark’s undefeated streak, but she’s certainly dominated women’s slopestyle this year. Coming off her Roxy Snow Pro win, Anderson notched another win in Europe besting a strong field at the European Open in Laax.
Anderson picked up $15,000 and some important TTR points as she won her second BEO title in a row. Competition was stiff as the eight ladies tried to top each other on each run. Jamie took the lead on her first run and just added to that on her 2 subsequent runs. Anderson’s winning run included a backside tailslide on the rail, a frontside 360 to backside 180 on the step-up/step-down combo, a Cab 720 nose grab and switch backside 540 Indy grab on the kickers, finishing off with a backside lipslide to frontside 360 melon.
Finnish rider Enni Rukajärvi, one of the few to defeat Anderson in recent years, did her best but fell over 10 points short of Anderson’s top score. Swiss rider Isabel Derungs placed third.
“It was the best riding I have ever seen from the girls,” said Anderson. “I love the new course…it’s great for creative runs. I’m so happy that I won because my mom stayed up all night to watch the finals.”
1. Jamie Anderson (USA), Billabong, 93.58
2. Enni Rukajärvi (FIN), Burton, 81.80
3. Isabel Derungs (SUI), Ride, 68.20
4. Spencer O’Brien (CAN), Nike, 65.68
5. Cilka Sadar (SLO), Burton, 59.12
6. Sina Candrian (SUI), Burton, 56.92
7. Kjersti Oestgaard Buaas (NOR), Roxy, 41.52
8. Silje Norendal (NOR), Nike 6.0, 29.80