I’ve been thinking that we need some community guidelines around here. I’d like your input on what you think they should be.
Some things I’ve been thinking are
- Post your forum topics only once. Others will be removed.
- Be respectful to other community members.
- It is acceptable to create topics to promote your website, but do not spam the forums with your updates. In general it is better to post one topic and add updates to that, rather than post a new topic for every update.
- Keep all gear for sale posts in the Freeflog forum.
- If you are in doubt about whether it is proper to post something please contact the editor first.
- Powderroom reserves the right to remove or unpublish unacceptable content.
can you please explain a bit about the ‘badges’-the little depictive labels bellow every user’s avatar, and how they work. I got twice a message that I have been given new badges, but I couldn’t seen them.
As part of the new system you can earn badges for doing certain things on the site – posting topics, replying to topics, comments, reviews, etc. However there was a glitch in the system and it was giving people badges they hadn’t earned so I’ve disabled it until I can get it straightened out.